• What made Africell decide to start a PoC with Calltic in the first place?
Africell DRC had been trying a variety of anti-bypass solutions before Calltic entered the scene. However, none of them were able to solve SIM box fraud to a sufficient extent, nor to prevent revenue losses as they had projected.
• What makes Calltic different compared to other solutions?
Definitely the disruptive technology, based on physical facts, rather than behavioral analysis that can easily dodged by clever and creative fraudsters. Calltic’s biggest added value is the patented acoustic analysis but allow me to add that Calltic’s customer service is second to none as well. This gives Calltic the ability to detect & block a SIM in a record time.
• To which extent do you find Calltic more efficient that other solutions you have tried to fight SIM boxes?
Actions and results speak louder than words: thanks to Calltic, Africell DRC has been able to restore a large part of international incoming traffic via the so-called white routes, so the ROI has been very positive so far. Moreover, Calltic never ceases to further improve results in close collaboration with our own fraud department. Finally: Calltic’s SIM detection is very complete: not only does it detect “standard” on-net and off-net SIM boxes, it also deals with international and roaming SIM boxes efficiently the thing that was very important for us in Q3 2022 as there were many OffNet Roaming SIM cards that we were able to block.
• Africell DRC were the first ones to test the Calltic automated offnet blocking. Can you comment on the results?
This tool is definitely what makes all the difference. Indeed, what’s the point of detecting offnet SIM boxes in a very fast, complete and reliable manner if you can’t block the fraudsters for a variety of reasons? Calltic’s automated offnet blocking is flawless and stops/discourages offnet SIM box fraud in a way we had never seen before.
• What advice would you have for both Calltic and other operators anywhere else in the world that are fighting interconnect fraud?
To Calltic: keep up the good work and keep developing interconnect fraud tools that are as good as your current SIM box detection (and blocking) tool. To other operators: if we all get Calltic Sim boxers will be leaving the DRC in a couple of days!